Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Labels


I have been working on those inner voices for a long time.... but ya know -- there was something oddly comforting about them.  They have been around for a long time.  And for the most part they weren't interfering with my every day life.  Oh they did hold me back from finding the 'real' me.......but as I said in an odd way they were comforting.

But then Hands challenged me about the labels these voices have put on me.  Challenged may not be the right word -- He certainly made me sit back and think seriously and if he could see the effect of the voices and their labels -- then they were most definitely affecting my every day life.

Over the next few days I kept 'talking' to myself about the labels that the voices whisper ...... especially on the drive to Montreal when I had 3 uninterrupted hours of think time.  I could almost feel the solution -- it was right there ya know - just out of reach -- but it was there.

Then shock shock I read something over on FL that clicked the button -- and the solution was mine!
Sounds easy right?? yeah I was doubtful that it could be that easy....... but I rolled some of the labels around in my head -- nothing -- no voices not a sound.

On Sunday and again yesterday I tried one of the labels out loud -- for real -- and nothing -- no voice -- no bad feelings...... nada zilch nothing!

What an excellent feeling!  free from the labels my voices whispered.

There's still work to do -- but the labels are gone and that is a very good thing!

1 comment:

  1. What was the solution? I'm so glad it's working for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts